A video of Jack doing what he does best!
We probably should have posted this with the last post! Welcome to Alberta!! Ian took a couple pictures while driving to our new house with Benson and Simon (I'm sure he did it very 'safely' while also paying full attention to the road).

Jack's fairy godparents came to visit the first weekend we were here. They were in town for a curling tournament and stopped by to drop off a birthday present for their little monkey. Jack's godfather (Jay) is originally from Edmonton...Sue is from Red Deer (now they both live in Vancouver).

Jack promptly figured out how to open cupboards and which ones had fun stuff to play with. Thankfully he does not consider the onion/potato/cleaning supply/dishsoap cupboard 'fun'!! We just bought locks to put on the cupboards so they will go on this weekend probably. This cupboard that he is exploring here has the tupperware and saranwrap/foil. I don't really let him play with the wrap stuff but every once in a while he grabs one and pulls out reams and reams of foil or sandwich bags before I can grab it from him!

Jack with his most prized tupperware possession!! We get a lot of sunshine in our kitchen (it actually gets quite warm) and I didn't really notice that the light was on his face for the picture. But I still think it's kinda cute!

I decided to let Jack try feed himself with a spoon (applesauce was the food of choice for this experiment...non staining). It was not overly successful but it was the first time!

This is the barricade I put up to block Jack from going up the stairs. However, I left the room for a minute and came back and couldn't find him. Turns out he managed to scale the barricade and get up the stairs! Yikes!!
So this is the new barricade I put up to block Jack from going up the stairs. Clearly he's trying to determine how best to get around it. A few minutes later he determined that he could crawl UNDER the blue chair, squeeze through the small opening at the first stair and get up the stairs! So now I have a bigger more intricate barricade set up. Perhaps today I'll venture out and get those baby gates (note: the reason we have not put up gates yet is because the stairs are too wide...so we need to get gates that have extension options...even a regular gate at full width does not fit!!).


1 comment:
OK - I LOVE the video of Jack going up the stairs - too cute! Doncha just love the way they climb stairs, always using the same foot to go up?
Post a Comment