Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy 5 Month Birthday Jackson!

Hard to believe 5 months has passed already! Not sure if I'm more surprised at the fact Jack is 5 months old or that I'm going back to work in roughly 7 months...yikes! Jack is about 17.5 lbs right now...and I'm feeling it when I pick him up as each pound requires a few days of 'muscle building' on my part before it feels normal again!

It's amazing (from my / a mom's point of view) how much he has had to learn in the last 5 months...everything seems normal until I think - 'wow...he used to just stare at that toy, now he grabs it and puts it in his mouth' (note: EVERYTHING goes in the mouth...and with his two little chompers you need to watch if he grabs your finger...he's very non-discriminating about what he puts in his mouth!!). Or 'wow...he used to just look lovingly into mom's eyes, now he grabs my hair, tries to pull my glasses off (success was his only 1 time), and sticks his fingers in my mouth (only after they are good and slobbery from being in his mouth...ick)'.

Anyway, we're really enjoying Jack...he's quite a good baby - wish he would sleep a little more but if that's my only complaint I guess things are going pretty well!

Here is one of the 'new' things he's learned. It's the 'PICK ME UP' sign...usually done once or twice and if not recognized or given in to, is followed by the 'PICK ME UP' shriek!















Benson is still very attentive with Jackson. Here is Benson giving Jackson some 5 month birthday kisses (well...okay, he's probably licking up some spit up or something but my version is much cuter). Jack has just started REALLY paying attention to Benson and when Benson comes near him he reaches out both hands to try touch him (he's not quite trying to grab him yet). Benson is quite good at avoiding the sticky little hands reaching for him and usually diverts attention by quickly licking the outstretched hands instead!


And here is a little video of Benson and Jackson just enjoying each others company (I think).

No comments: