Monday, October 29, 2007

Rolling Over and Eating Cookies (but not at the same time)!

This picture might make it look like Jack likes being on his tummy...but he still hates it:( He's become quite good at rolling from his back to his tummy...so much so he was doing it faster than I could press record on the camera after putting him on his back. So he rolls himself over then hangs out a minute (max!) then starts crying because he can't figure out how to get himself back on his back!! Silly boy!

Poor Benson! He was hanging out with Jack and while I was taking the picture I kept saying stuff like "oh Jack, are you on your belly? How fun!! You're on your belly!" Well...Benson knows full well what "belly' means...so he kept flipping over and showing his belly...poor boy!

I started trying to give Jack food he can feed himself - more for my own fun and amusement than any particular nutritional interests for him. We tried giving him banana (you can see the pile of it on his tray) but he doesn't like it...but if I mash it up and feed it to him on a spoon he loves it! How weird! Anyway - he's eating a cooking (Arrowroot) here. Some of the baby books said they should be able to feed themselves a cookie or cracker after 6 months so I figured, what the heck - why not! He quite enjoys his cookies - he never finishes more than half but enjoys getting them to gnaw on!


Guess who knows that stuff falls from the high chair from time to time? They learn quickly...who?...both of them!

And here is a video of Jackson rolling over. He kept doing it so fast I didn't have time to grab the camera - that's why this video is so crazy...with me torturing him by constantly flipping him back over! Oh well - we got it on camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case anyone is reading the comments...Ian gave me 'crap' for the video of Jackson rolling over - he laughed the first time I flipped him onto his back...but then was like "HONEY!!!!" when he saw I did it 3 or 4 times (I lost count...)!!! I found that funnier than the video...poor Ian...if only he knew the things I do to poor little Jackson when Daddy is at work all day...I can't ALWAYS find the camera you know...heehee!!!