
This one is Jackson trying to get Benson's attention...not really too hard...Benson is on constant watch (even out of the corner of his eye) for the 'ear-grabbin' hands' that belong to our little squirt. Only took one ear pulling 'incident' for Benson to be more than aware of the perils of the grabbers.

Awwww...they really love each other...hey, isn't this how they fake kiss on soap operas? At least that's what I thought when I was a kid!!

So here is my caption for this photo:
Jackson: "Look Mom, I'm sitting really well...get a good picture" (if I haven't mentioned he is an absolute ham for the camera...)
Benson: "WHAT??? This grabber can sit??? Seriously!!! What's next - walking?" (heehee, poor Benson is going to be SOOOO surprised when he realizes Jack is a person not just an ear grabber / food dropper / spitter upper...)

And yup, this is our little cutie pie - sitting up. I kind of missed the fact that this was supposed to be a recent 'milestone' (does anyone else hate that term?...it sounds so pretentious...seriously...they are babies...they do stuff then they do more stuff and it's all cute...a 'milestone' isn't cute - it's SERIOUS - whereas 'stuff'...well, 'stuff' is CUTE!!) then when someone (my doctor) asked me if he was sitting I was like "is he supposed to be?" and he said "well, nothing to worry about but I'd expect it to happen soon" and I was like (in my head) "crap...I'll have to start practicing that with him...boy I'm a dumb mom...where are those books about the first year anyway??? when was the last time I looked at them??? oh well, whatever - I'm sure he'll be able to sit by the time it matters - kindergarten...*snicker*...okay, not really funny - I should really start working on sitting with him". Anyway - we tried it later that day and he was okay - the usual leaning forward so much he could suck on his toes (he didn't) and then a few days later he could sit but mom or dad were perched nearby 'cause we were being a little over cautious and now...a couple pillows and little carpet to pad the odd tipsies...and he's good to go!! I don't think he's quite ready to sit in a shopping cart or anything like that just yet...but I think probably soon...we'll see...whatever, moving right along...I'm more interested in getting him to crawl 'cause it will be cute...check back on my feeling on the cuteness once he's crawling...!!!
1 comment:
So the trick to getting them to sit up in a shopping cart: Strap them to the back of the cart. No really, it totally works and they love sitting up and looking around so much more. As soon as Kyla could hold up her head, I was strapping her into the cart. She'd wobble a bit but like the pillows on the floor, you just use a blanket (or in Kyla's case, an older sibling pushing her) to hold 'em up.
Just wait until Jackson is taller than Benson . . . . .
Post a Comment