As many of you know I'm a bit of a die hard fan of Tori Amos. She's a little 'off the beaten path' but I just adore her music, her creativity and her lack of fear of public opinion! She is such a great artist in so many ways - but one of the amazing things about her is how well she rewards her fans. She is constantly coming out with new and original music and recreating herself.
So...my point...I'm sooooooo happy to find out that her new album comes out on May 19. The funny thing is that her last album came out right after Jack was born ('he' bought it for me for Mother's Day) so I think it's kinda neat that her new album will come out right after kiddo #2 is born...I won't suggest that a Tori album is as impressive and cool as a new baby...but both of them together...sigh...the world couldn't be a better place! Haha!
Also - I can't wait to find out where and when she will be touring. I know it will mean taking a little airplane ride somewhere as I'm guessing Edmonton won't make her list of hotspots...but I said to Ian that I would like to go to Vancouver to see her if she comes later this year (and I'll tell him later that I would also like to go to Seattle as well...but he doesn't need to know all that right now) and he said that since I have to fly somewhere to see her maybe I could go somewhere else...if I have to pay for a flight anyway, what difference does it make where I go! I'm sure I'll just end up in Vancouver - but last time she played 3 nights in a row in New York...how incredibly awesome would that be!!! Anyway...this is probably boring stuff to most of you but I am very very excited and had to share it with anyone and everyone!
As an aside...Dane Cook is coming to Edmonton...I'm going to try get tix - keep your fingers crossed for me. Sigh...I can feel the mat leave aura coming over me...trying to find ways to keep myself entertained beyond just baby stuff:)
3 weeks and 3 days of work left...yikes...I'm really not as excited as you all might think...I enjoy working and will miss it (and my coworkers) when I'm off:( But I'm looking forward to spending some good time with Jack and the new baby...Jack is such a monkey these days...the big boy bed is going well...he just figured out how to open his bedroom door which resulted in us promptly putting a safety handle on the inside so he can't escape...oh - and he can count things now...yup that's right...here is what that 'sounds' like when there are four items in front of him..."one, one, one, one" he's very proud of himself when he does that!
I've called BarkBusters and am waiting to hear back from them to get some help on dealing with Benson's howling when Jack cries...it's driving me/us bonkers and I'm afraid he's going to be living in the basement or outside the entire year I'm off if we can't figure out how to get it under control...he's such a good dog - which is why this behaviour is so upsetting to us since it makes us crazy and we end up getting upset with him...I know many of you think it's funny - and trust me...it was - ONCE!!! LOL! but it's absolutely getting worse and driving us nuts! I'll let you know how it goes!
It's around -30 here today...and apparently it got down to -40 with wind chill last night. Ian and I have been talking about how we haven't really minded the winter here...and since everyone is complaining about it so much I'm thinking that we're gonna be okay dealing with winter in the future since we aren't having much difficulty with it now. Only complaint I have is that it has been quite cold...I'm told it's been much colder than usual...which is keeping us kinda housebound - can't really take Jack to the park in -20 or colder (honestly, we don't really go outside to 'play' if it's colder than -10)...so i'm looking forward to it warming up which it's supposed to do this weekend. And I guess I should admit that I got a little annoyed the other day when I realized we've had snow on the ground for almost 4 months...I haven't minded during that time, but looking back - it's kind of ridiculous!! But - we had a beautiful summer last year so hopefully we have a repeat of that this year and all will be forgotten and forgiven (until November of next year!).
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What about Tori in Vegas?? That would be a pretty cool trip!! I'm not the Tori-file that you are but I'm always up for a weekend away . . . .
Glad to hear that the big boy bed is going well. We had to resort to a lock on the outside of Isabelle's door when she figured out the child lock in like, a week
Post a Comment