So, when I picked Jack up at daycare this afternoon I didn't have Jessica with me. Ian got home a touch early so he hung out with Jessica while I got Jack at daycare. I realize that since Jessica was born I have always had Jessica with me when I've picked up Jack at the daycare - so on the way there I was thinking it was kind of peaceful getting to go there without a crying baby in the backseat. Anyway - so I got to the daycare, Jack came running over like he always does (saying "Hi Mommy", "My Mommy") and he came to a full stop about 2 feet from me and said "Ek-ee-ca go? Where Ek-ee-ca?"(Note: 'Ek-ee-ca' is how Jack says Jessica) and was looking around for her. He actually seemed kinda concerned! Anyway - short story but it was quite cute!
Oh...a couple more 'cute' brother/sister things.
1) Jack let Jessica have a quick dip in his bath tonight...much to the relief of Mom who was trying to figure out how to time everyone's bath and bed. Like usual she started crying immediately and so we kept the bath about 1 minute long. Jack was all smiles when she first came in the bath, then he was all disappointed when she was crying. Later on I told Jack to tell 'Dad' about Jessica in the bath and all Jack had to say about it was...."cry". I'm thinking he might not be as open to the idea in the future!
2) As you know, new babies have basically no control of their arms and legs. So sometimes when I'm getting Jack dressed in the morning I'll lay Jessica on his bed next to him. He generally thinks this is pretty cool. Today she whacked him in the face (as hard as a baby could possibly "whack" you...) and he said "hit?" and I said "did she hit you" and he said "yeah" and so I go into the speech about "she's a little baby and she doesn't know what she's doing" and he said "yeah" and I said "okay?" and he said "okay!". Then a minute later she swung her arms and touched (literally - TOUCHED) his big stuffed dog and he quickly throws himself over her legs and holds onto the stuffed dog (to those not familiar with this dog...it's about 4.5 ft long so it's not a small cuddly toy) and says "NO Ek-ee-ca, Jack puppy, my puppy, no"...so apparently in our house hitting each other in the face is okay but touching each others stuffed animals is forbidden!
3) A couple days ago we were driving home from daycare and Jessica was wailing in the back seat (she used to cry ALL the time on the drive to and from the daycare...now it happens about 1 or 2 times a weeks only!). I try to keep talking to Jack to relieve everyone's tension or anxiety over the crying...on this particular day I was talking to Jack and when I stopped at the next red light (damn lights...always red when the baby is crying and green when she's happy!!) I look back to speak to Jack and he's got a finger in the ear that is closest to Jessica's car seat! Haha - and I was just commenting a week or so ago about how toddlers/infants, etc., just don't seem to be bothered by baby crying...I stand corrected!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment