Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pre-Halloween Photos...

I promise I will upload Halloween photos shortly...however, here are some that were taken the day we went to get our pumpkins!

This is Jessica modeling her new winter hat!
Can you spot my pumpkin?
The kiddos!


Jessica sort of started crawling last night...as Ian puts it "no one but the parents would call that crawling". But she can certainly scoot around the room in a hurry without doing any real crawling!! But seriously - last night she did sort of do the 'move the knees and hands to crawl' motion and she did move a bit...so I'm gonna say she's like 95% there! Also...babies are generally supposed to be able to sit up around 6 months...I've been trying to get her to sit since before that and she just plain old refuses...she just arches her back and tries to get on the floor (tummy or back doesn't matter)...I had started thinking I was going to have to start considering what careers she could have that would allow her to lay down all the time;) Anyway...the other day she was scootching (is that how you spell that?) around the floor and Ian and I look over and there she is, sitting up...and since then she sits up whenever she feels like it, as long as she's been on her tummy first...but if I try to sit her down...forget it. So - I must face reality - she's got my stubborn streak...which I must say - GOOD FOR HER!!! ;)

Jack saw the eye doctor a couple days ago. His eyes are doing good. With the glasses they were turning out a bit so he's gone 4 weeks without glasses and his eye is turning in a tiny tiny bit...barely noticeable and the doctor says it's within the 'acceptable range'...so...good news is that he doesn't have to wear glasses for the time being. We go back in February or earlier if his eye starts going funky again. So - while we should be ecstatic that he doesn't have to wear glasses I must admit that I miss his little glasses...I just thought he totally suited wearing them! Oh well...thank goodness his eyes are doing well.

Jessica is eating tons of food. The whole solid food thing started off a bit rough and she just couldn't seem to figure out what to do...which was completely different than Jack! But now she's a little vacuum just like her brother. Seems to like pretty much everything I've given her so far (peas, corn, various baby cereals, parsnip/carrot mash, green beans (surprisingly), pears, apples, bananas and yogurt). But nothing pleases her more than getting Cheerios or crackers so that she can feed herself...usually half of the Cheerios end up in the high chair or on the floor but she's quite tickled with herself when she gets one in her mouth. Oh...and she's got her two bottom teeth already too!

Finally...Jack is talking so much and it just seems that every day he is saying something new or expressing a new understanding of things. Sometimes it's just normal everyday stuff but sometimes it just cracks me up. He recently started saying "Why Not?" and the first time he asked was when Ian and I were having an 'adult' conversation about work or something or other and I was like "so I'm just not going to do that"...and Jack pipes up "Why not Mommy?". Haha. And we watched the movie Wall-E the other night for the first time (or as Jack calls it, 'Wall-E Robot'), and Jack was pretty interested; today we watched it for a 2nd time and everytime something happened he would say "Mommy, what's happening?". And...sometimes the talking coupled with his independence is just a little TOO independent for me...when we are driving in the car he does "dancing" but using various body parts - for example, he'll do 'knee dancing' or 'hand dancing' and sometimes we get treated to 'eye and mouth dancing' which is freakin' hysterical. But the other day he was doing 'knee, foot, hand, eye, mouth and head dancing' ("It's hard Mommy") all at the same time and I said "Hey Jack, why don't you do back dancing too" and Jack replied "No Mommy, I can't" and I said "Why can't you?" and he said "too busy"! I'm starting to hear the "too busy" reponse to a lot of things these days!

Okay that's it...I'll post more pic's soon!

No comments: