Jackson had his first vaccinations today (late I know, long story, don't give me any grief - I've heard it all already). It was SO sad:( 4 shots - 2 in each leg and he was NOT happy about it at all). He cried and cried and looked at me with his sad eyes like "why are you doing this to me Mom?" (I had to hold him and tight too, the nurse said "vice grip on his legs please!")
Anyway, I cried and cried during the process...I'm only telling you because I think it's kind of funny that I'm a complete wimp! He calmed down quite quickly after the shots were done (and so did I but I still have some lingering sadness when I think of his poor little scrunched up red face and tears pouring out his eyes and down into his ears...sniff sniff) and he was great on the car ride home. Then he slept 3 hours (I slept 1 hour) and woke up, ate, then started freaking out again for almost 45 minutes. I finally got him calmed down and to sleep (with the help of some medication...thank goodness for children's Tylenol - I knew there was a reason I had some in the house). Then he woke up and was in good spirits for when Ian came home!
Then tonight Ian noticed that Jack's 2nd tooth has broken through his bottom gums...so I expect that was bothering him as well! Poor Little Guy!
[Oh funny story - I was at the clinic and the nurse was telling me what side effects to watch for, what to be or not be concerned about, etc., and I say "oh - if he's got a fever or something can I give him some Tylenol 3's?" and she looked at me horrified and said "No, never", so I said "What? Why not" and she said "Tylenol 3's..." and I said "oops, I meant children's Tylenol" and she said "for a moment I was thinking 'what kind of parent are you' haha" so of course I replied "Oh of course I wouldn't give him T3's...I only give him that when he isn't sleeping well!" (then I promptly told he I was joking before she could pick up the phone and call social services)]
He's sleeping now...so I don't know if he'll be up 25 times tonight or sleep through the night...hopefully the latter! Tomorrow I'll be ripping the Band-Aids off his legs...4 times...
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment