I'm told they had to give him a little oxygen to get him going. I remember hearing him squeal when they took him out of my tummy but it was a minute or two before I heard him crying again - but Dad was with him so he was in good hands! Our midwife said that the pediatrician was very gentle and patient with our little guy...in her words, "the doctor let him come into his own on his own time"...maybe that will be a little insight into how Jackson will approach things as he gets older (stubborn and on his own time)! Come to think of it, when we had our ultrasound at 20 weeks the technician kept commenting that 'the baby' was always in the opposite or 'wrong' position than what she needed - so the ultrasound took a little longer to complete than normal...I commented to Ian then that I guess our little baby was going to be stubborn (just like his mom). Perhaps I was right!
Jack was 8lbs and 21 3/4" when he was born. We had our final 'discharge' visit with the midwife today (once again with Debbie Harding, she was the midwife that delivered Jack - we LOVE her!!). Today Jack weighs 10lbs 6oz and is just a tiny bit over 22" long. So he hasn't grown that much in length but my little guy is a porker, all those midnight feedings are paying off!
Here is yet another pic of him on his bouncy chair - all 10lbs of him (minus the 6oz because this was taken over a week ago...haha!) I'll post some new photos once I get some good ones. I'm trying to figure out how to post video (not sure if it's possible) so if I can manage to figure it out hopefully we'll get some video up as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment