Monday, December 24, 2007

8 Months Old, Not Quite Crawling...but soon maybe!

Well, here is our little guy the day before his 8 month birthday (so close enough!). I had to take pictures a day early because I was going to Edmonton to join Ian on a business trip and we were leaving Jackson with his Baba and Grandpa (Ian's parents). Jack seemed to really enjoy his time there and came back maybe even a little bit happier (more smiles and laughs) than when we left him.

It was hard to get Jack to sit still for his pictures. He won't lie back in this chair anymore like he used to. He sits straight up and was even leaning a little more forward than I preferred! I'll have to find a new place for 'birthday' photos next month.

And here is the best close up shot I could get. Jack started anticipating the flash going off so he would squint as soon as I held the camera up to take a photo and also when he heard the 'beep' of the camera as it was getting ready to take the photo. He is such a nut! So I ended up with a bunch of photos with a squinty eyed kid looking a little drunk - so I'm not posting those!!

Jack is quite a happy guy these days...not quite crawling but starting to make movements like he might start. Everyday Ian and I say "any day now" but it hasn't happened yet! Everyone tells me just to enjoy the non-movement...and I think that although it will be cute and fun to see him crawl and walk - it sure is nice to be able to leave the room for a couple minutes and have him be in the same place when I return!

Jack also seems to prefer 'walking' to being on his tummy. I think it's probably because his Dad zooms him around the house chasing the dog and cat - so Jack probably hasn't figured out yet that he will be a bit slower and a bit more clumsy initially. I have a video of Jack looking like he might start crawling...I'll try post it...but if I don't you'll definitely get to see one when he starts crawling...




And here is a video of Jack the day before his 8 month birthday. Ian got a real kick out of this when I arrived in Edmonton and showed him! I missed Jack quite a bit while I was gone and was very happy to see him when I returned (I was only gone 3 days) and he was sooooo happy when he saw me...it was really cool to see him get so excited:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He looks more & more like Ian everyday!