1) Earlier this week I was doing laundry...Jack's laundry...not a big deal. Easy. As I was pulling it out of the washing machine to put into the dryer I started noticing little flakes/balls of a gel type substance all over his clothes...it was EVERYWHERE!!! So I started getting a little concerned about what made this happen. I realized I was washing some new clothes that had been given to him and started wondering if maybe one of them had those little gel pack things inside? So I kept pulling the laundry out. Guess what I found? A diaper. I have no idea how it got there (I'm blaming Ian) but let me tell you...it was a MESS.
I've been very impressed before at how much liquid those diapers hold. I'm too cheap to purchase the "little swimmers" diapers for him to wear swimming so I just put him in a clean regular diaper and it's always been fine...but by the end of swimming it is FULL (of water) and that has always impressed me because when you take it off of him it doesn't 'drip' or 'leak' it actually holds it all in. Well - I guess the diaper met it's match in the washing machine. So - warning to all moms (and dads)...washing a diaper will result in it soaking up a ton of water then splitting and releasing a gazillion little gel balls in you laundry.
So why do I love the internet? Well - I started thinking that perhaps the solution to get rid of these gel balls would be on the internet. So I searched. And all I found was people posting about their miserable experience of finding gel balls in their clothes and washer for months after this happened (and started feeling a little happy that this has happened to other people - no sense suffering alone). Then I found a site that said that salt has a chemical reaction with the gel and by putting a cup or so of it into the laundry makes the gel go away - I skipped over the part that explained how/why...didn't care...I was on a mission. So I tried it...AND YIPPPPEEEEE...it worked. Oh - and apparently Oxy-Clean works as well...I used that to run another rinse after I used the salt. Anyway, problem solved...maybe this little tidbit will help someone out there one day:)
2) Oh - and here is the other reason I love the internet:
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1136587563
No comments:
Post a Comment